Submit your completed application…
Once your form(s) and all supporting information/documents have been completed, signed, stamped and certified where required, you will need to visit the Municipal Corporation to submit your Application and pay the relevant application fees.
All plans/drawings must be signed by a registered architect/engineer. The correct number of copies of the plans/drawings to be submitted depends on the type and location of your development. However, as a general guide see below:
For Building Permits:
- Application Form and supporting documents listed above - (2) copies.
- The architectural/engineering/construction plans/drawings are to be printed, stamped, signed and submitted.
- For Residential single-family projects - (3) sets of drawings plus (1) electronic copy.
- For Residential multifamily projects – (9) sets of drawings plus (1) electronic copy. (number of sets depends on number of reviewing agencies)
- For Commercial and other projects – (9) sets of drawings plus (1) electronic copy.
Please note that of the total number of sets required above, at least two (2) sets should be stamped and approved by the Jamaica Fire Brigade (Fire Approval). If you so choose, this may be done prior to your submission to the MC. See JFB application form and review guidelines.
For additional guidance, consult your MC through their Development Application Help Desk (DAHD) to verify the required number of sets of plans/drawings to be submitted for your specific project type, size and complexity.
The address and contact information for the Municipal Corporation is indicated below:
St. Ann Municipal Corporation
1 Church Street
St. Ann’s Bay
Tel: 1 (876) 972-2615/6 Ext. 246; 972-7627
Fax: 1 (876) 972-2617
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm